Watch the Throne Footnote
* Hey look, it’s my first footnote in DJBooth history. Accurate total sales stats are a harder to to come up with than you might think, but Jay’s sold approximately 50 million albums and Kanye 12 million, which puts their combined 62 million well ahead of any other rap duo. Ironically, the biggest collaborative album by two artists period is Jay and R. Kelly’s Unfinished Business, while the biggest collaborative album by a group belongs to classic-rock quartet The Travelling Wilbury’s, depending on much credit you give George Harrison for The Beatles' sales.
Go back to the review of Watch the Throne.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/31/03
You Might Like...
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)