Watch the Throne Footnote
* Hey look, it’s my first footnote in DJBooth history. Accurate total sales stats are a harder to to come up with than you might think, but Jay’s sold approximately 50 million albums and Kanye 12 million, which puts their combined 62 million well ahead of any other rap duo. Ironically, the biggest collaborative album by two artists period is Jay and R. Kelly’s Unfinished Business, while the biggest collaborative album by a group belongs to classic-rock quartet The Travelling Wilbury’s, depending on much credit you give George Harrison for The Beatles' sales.
Go back to the review of Watch the Throne.
More From The Throne
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.