All New Hip Hop
It’s been nearly half a year since Frank Leone made his last headlining appearance on our front page, but that isn’t to say he’s been inactive. On the contrary, he’s been lying low, waiting patiently... Read More
“YOLO” too responsible for you? Try Tha Joker‘s newly-coined motto, “FHITO,” on for size. For those too lazy to hit play and wait for the hook, that stands for, “F**k How It Turn Out” On this... Read More
DJ EFN‘s last feature, July 2014’s Hood Banger, was an “[ode] to the mixtape freestyle.” Though its raw, grimy feel won the record positive reviews from our readers, I have a feeling listeners will appreciate... Read More
North Carolina singer/songwriter, producer and emcee Will Wildfire has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, Capital 4 (Where The WHYL Things Are). The project was inspired by a myriad... Read More
For a couple years now, hip-hop collective The Black Opera has kept the identities of its members on the down-low. Now, though, they’re preparing to hit the road on their first European tour and, rather than performing... Read More
Subscribe to DJBoothTV "Sometimes I feel like I'm old dirty bastard, but inside I'm like a Rich Boy." For the latest in our Inside the Verse video series, rising soul and R&B star BJ the Chicago Kid... Read More
A Windy City buzzmaker best known for 2014 local hit Fe Fe on the Block, Stunt Taylor makes his grand entrance into the Booth with a standout cut off his latest full-length. On Friend of Me, the EMPIRE signee spits... Read More
If there’s one thing I’ve taken away from Emilio Rojas‘s previous features—besides admiration for for his skills on the mic—it’s that the Rochester representative has one seriously f**ked-up love... Read More
Last week, when the cultural appropriation debate was going strong on DJBooth, I got sucked into clicking on a Vanity Fair interview with Iggy Azalea. The article was mostly a giant softball lobbed up so Iggy could... Read More
“Life’s a B*tch and then you die, that’s why we puff lye, ‘cause you never know when you gonna go…” Sorry, I can’t read that phrase without the hook from my favorite track off Illmatic... Read More
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.