All New Hip Hop
Last year, ATL phenom Jarren Benton lost a colleague and a close friend, manager Jahmal “Slow Motion” Pryor. "His death was a huge loss for me, personally and professionally. Like life, a career in music seems like such a... Read More
Kirswords may be a newcomer to the Booth but, if you’re a loyal reader, a glance at the company he keeps will be more than enough to persuade you that his music will be worth your time. On debut single Tri-State... Read More
In recent months, Chattanooga, Tennessee rhymesayer YGTUT has established himself as a budding Booth fave on the strength of records like Holy Water and Kids These Days. Today, we get properly introduced to the Southern... Read More
Update: The Ryan Pinkall-directed visuals for DeWayne Jackson’s Letter to You single have been added. When you’re hundreds—or thousands—of miles away from your loved ones, there’s nothing like a... Read More
Craving some fresh music from a talented first-time featuree? I’ll do you one—no, two—better. King Rosè is just one of three fresh faces to introduce themselves to our pages on his site debt, Pushing Your... Read More
Fresh off earning positive Booth reviews for December’s If I Fall, Shelton Harris returns to kick off his 2015 with Glory, an outtake from his recently-released LIGHTS LP. Producer Tyler Dopps co-headlines Glory,... Read More
On the title track off the Wu Tang Clan‘s recently-released full-length, the legendary crew pointed the way toward A Better Tomorrow. New single Miracle picks up that record’s thematic thread but, contrary to what... Read More
There is no doubt in my mind that Lil Wayne belongs in the American literary canon, tucked in tight between (don't forget the) F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway. Mr. Carter is nowhere near the best lyricist, but he... Read More
Behind every great rapper, there’s a great co-sign. Sharing the wealth leads to a chain reaction of new faces; stamps of approval can generate a small internet buzz or overnight prominence. A co-sign can also extend... Read More
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.