Zimbabwean-born rapper and producer Zulu Faz has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street album, The Hill Complex.
Named after the spiritual center of the ruined city of Great Zimbabwe, the project finds the artist using the historic structure as a metaphor for his quest to build a name for himself in the game. The set features 12 original cuts (plus one bonus track), including Booth-approved leak “Cruise Control.”
Joining Zulu Faz on the guest tip throughout The Hill Complex are Amadi Jae, Tawny Powell, John Anthony, A.Ware, Session and Young Jay. In addition to beats by the artist himself (both individually and as one-half of duo Kaotiq Simfoni, made up of Zulu and brother Zimbabwe Kev), the project features guest beats by Javis FauX, Session and Megaboy Alpha.
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cruise Control" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.