During this year’s SXSW Festival leading pro audio company Unique Squared, in partnership with Quality Control Marketing, parked a massive tour bus on Austin’s streets to serve as a state of the art recording studio. Throughout the festivities some of hip-hop’s most notable emcees stopped by the Mobile Studio to record exclusive songs over all-original production. The result is The Official SXSW Mixtape, a 30 track collection that captures the energy and creativity of SXSW.
The Official SXSW Mixtape is presented by Unique Squared, Quality Control, 2DopeBoyz and DJBooth.net. Acclaimed industry engineer Fokis handled the mixing and engineering duties while tracks were blended and arranged by DJ Presyce (three time Scribble Jam DJ Battle Champion). Featured artists include Tanya Morgan, Skyzoo, Khaleel, Nick Javas, J-Live and more. Contributing producers include Seattle’s heavyweight beatsmith Jake One, Von Pea (of Tanya Morgan), Crazy DJ Bazarro (of the Beatminerz) in addition to noteworthy up-and-comers Apollo Brown, IMakeMadBeats, Dynamite Brothers, D.R.U.G.S. and female producer Kels of TN2 Productions.
To witness artists selecting beats, writing and recording in such a short period of time was extraordinary and a testament to Unique Squared’s ability to create a unique and creative environment. It’d be an understatement to say this was a Herculean task on everyone’s part, thank you to all the partners and artists that helped make it possible.
As an added bonus, for an exclusive coupon good for 10% off all Unique Squared products, click here.
Stream Unique Squared and Quality Control Present: The Official SXSW Mixtape
Submit your Rating
This is the only feature on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.