The British Invasion is a hybrid experiment that fuses the musical aesthetics of American and UK pop. Produced exclusively by Silver, the project’s goal was to maintain the integrity of the source material while creating a rich new sound not typically found in Hip-Hop. The references are incredibly diverse and range from The Beatles to Bloc Party to Soul II Soul. I put a lot of love into every record to ensure that each has a different sound and a different approach, but more importantly, a different feel. This EP should not to be confused with the disposable mixtapes which clutter the web. This is music!
All I ask is that you listen with open ears. Welcome to the “Invasion,” presented by OnSmash.com and DJBooth.net.
- The Incomparable Shakespeare
Fans can also check out The Incomparable Shakespeare's previous albums: The Incomparable Shakespeare - By Any Dreams Necessary |The Incomparable Shakespeare - #InvincibleDream Mixtape
Stream The British Invasion
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.