The British Invasion is a hybrid experiment that fuses the musical aesthetics of American and UK pop. Produced exclusively by Silver, the project’s goal was to maintain the integrity of the source material while creating a rich new sound not typically found in Hip-Hop. The references are incredibly diverse and range from The Beatles to Bloc Party to Soul II Soul. I put a lot of love into every record to ensure that each has a different sound and a different approach, but more importantly, a different feel. This EP should not to be confused with the disposable mixtapes which clutter the web. This is music!
All I ask is that you listen with open ears. Welcome to the “Invasion,” presented by OnSmash.com and DJBooth.net.
- The Incomparable Shakespeare
Fans can also check out The Incomparable Shakespeare's previous albums: The Incomparable Shakespeare - By Any Dreams Necessary |The Incomparable Shakespeare - #InvincibleDream Mixtape
Stream The British Invasion
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.