As far as hip-hop goes the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) is still unmarked territory. Sure, there’s success in the frontrunner (Wale), not to mention a bright future for others (Tabi Bonney, Phil Adé), but there are many more voices from hip-hop’s unheard region. One of them is EQuinox Professionals/Inner Loop Records artist Lyriciss.
The Practice is Lyriciss’s fourth official mixtape, the follow-up to last year’s The Day Job. While the latter had strength in concepts and experimentation in flow, the focal point of The Practice lies within the lyrics.
Stream The Practice
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.