As far as hip-hop goes the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) is still unmarked territory. Sure, there’s success in the frontrunner (Wale), not to mention a bright future for others (Tabi Bonney, Phil Adé), but there are many more voices from hip-hop’s unheard region. One of them is EQuinox Professionals/Inner Loop Records artist Lyriciss.
The Practice is Lyriciss’s fourth official mixtape, the follow-up to last year’s The Day Job. While the latter had strength in concepts and experimentation in flow, the focal point of The Practice lies within the lyrics.
Stream The Practice
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Told Me" (2009)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.