Brooklyn heavyweight Joell Ortiz and Atlanta-based Renaissance musician Novel have joined forces to shake up the status quo with their brand new collaborative mixtape Defying the Predictable.
In addition to reader-acclaimed cuts “Stressful,” “Ghetto (Pt. 1)” and “Like I Know,” the set features guest appearances from a wide variety of artists, including Jadakiss, Spree Wilson, Saigon, and the entire Slaughterhouse crew. The project features production by Novel himself, as well as beats by Frequency and Statik Selektah.
Fans of both artists have a lot to look forward to in the months ahead. Novel will soon be unleashing his long-awaited, unreleased debut full-length, The Audiobiography. Next up for Joell is sophomore studio album Free Agent.
Fans can also check out Joell Ortiz & Novel's previous albums: Joell Ortiz & Novel Present: Defying the Predictable
Stream Defying The Predictable
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.