In anticipation of the arrival of his debut studio album, Toronto up-and-comer JD Era has cooked up a brand new prelude mixtape entitled Th1rt3en.
Hosted by Canada’s Mixtape King, DJ Dax, the project features 13 fresh, previously-unreleased tracks from the “Prince of the North,” backed by the boardwork of high-profile producers like Boi-1da, Don Cannon and Northern Profit. Guest contributors include T-dot heavyweight Drake (”Rock N Roll”), along with such buzzmaking emcees as Freddie Gibbs, Saukrates and Q Da Kid (to name a few).
If JD Era’s trademark blend of underground and mainstream has you hooked, keep it locked for release details on his yet-untitled freshman full-length, scheduled to hit stores and online retailers sometime this year via Black Market Music.
Submit your Rating
Black Market Music Group/Ice H2O
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.