Kevin Nottingham, of KevinNottingham.com’s notoriety, introduces his record label HiPNOTT Records’ latest musical endeavor. Through a partnership with HipHopDX, HiPNOTT is slated to release the first volume of a two-part series mixtape entitled HiPNOTT Records 2010 Takeover where Nottingham hones the label’s direction and sound. The mixtape, presented by HipHopDX, KevinNottingham.com and DJBooth.net, is available for free download.
HiPNOTT Record’s 2010 Takeover is a feel-good head-bobber reminiscent of the Golden Era of hip-hop that we all miss. Expect a skillful blend of exclusive tracks from both unsigned and established hip hop talent including Chaundon (Justus League), Guilty Simpson, Kyle Lucas, Joe Scudda, Verbs featuring MURS, El Prez, Truck North (The Roots), Tiye Phoenix, Wax, and Ilyas (Tanya Morgan). HiPNOTT’s signed artists, Cymarshall Law, K. Sparks, Nobody Famous, Trav Williams, JC Poppe and Preach, more than hold their own.
Following the Takeover mixtape series, the label will usher in its impressive roster of talent that includes Cee & Bekah, Cymarshall Law, Dasha, G.C., Has-Lo, JC Poppe, Jermiside & Danny Diggs, K.Sparks, Nobody Famous, Notion, Preach Jacobs and Trav Williams, with the release of projects beginning 1st quarter 2010.
HiPNOTT Records 2010 Takeover Vol. 2 will be available February 2010, bolstering a list of talent that includes Epsilon Project, Has-Lo, Hawdwerk & Jansport J, Jermiside & Danny Diggs, L.E.G.A.C.Y., MaG, N’Telligence, Plex Long, Preach Jacobs, Random, Self-One, Siya and The Movement Fam (Cee & Bekah, Notion, Tommy Gunnz).
Fans can also check out HipNOTT Records's previous albums: HiPNOTT Records: 25 To Life
Stream HiPNOTT Records 2010 Takeover, Volume 1
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.