To promote upcoming documentary film DEMOS: An Independent Artist’s Guide to Success, Kevin Nottingham invited artists to send in their “demos” for a chance to be included on future promotional mixtapes. Now, he has joined forces with HiPNOTT Records, Unique Squared and DJBooth.net to showcase the winners on Please Listen to My DEMOS, Volume 2.
Mixed by DJ Mark-1, the project features new music from all of the contest winners not features in Volume 1 of the mixtape, which hit the ‘net in May. The 19-track set includes music from RayDawn, Lyric Jones, Die-Rek, The Fall Guys and many more of the game’s hottest independent artists.
Want to be featured on future entries in the mixtape series? Watch for the second leg of the Please Listen to My DEMOS contest to launch later this summer! And be sure to check out demosdocumentary.com for updates.
Stream Please Listen to My Demos, Volume 2
Submit your Rating
This is the only feature on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.