To promote upcoming documentary film DEMOS: An Independent Artist’s Guide to Success, Kevin Nottingham invited artists to send in their “demos” for a chance to be included on future promotional mixtapes. Now, he has joined forces with HiPNOTT Records, Unique Squared and DJBooth.net to showcase the winners on Please Listen to My DEMOS, Volume 2.
Mixed by DJ Mark-1, the project features new music from all of the contest winners not features in Volume 1 of the mixtape, which hit the ‘net in May. The 19-track set includes music from RayDawn, Lyric Jones, Die-Rek, The Fall Guys and many more of the game’s hottest independent artists.
Want to be featured on future entries in the mixtape series? Watch for the second leg of the Please Listen to My DEMOS contest to launch later this summer! And be sure to check out demosdocumentary.com for updates.
Stream Please Listen to My Demos, Volume 2
Submit your Rating
This is the only feature on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.