Up-and-coming emcee Dao Jones has joined forces with DJBooth.net to bring fans his latest street release, the Cole King EP.
Taking its title from the artist’s own birth name, in which we find juxtaposed the commonplace substance of “charcoal” and the loftiest position in royalty, the project gives listeners a glimpse into the life of a young artist growing into his own, struggling to find balance between haughtiness and humility. Included among its nine original cuts are reader-acclaimed, Booth-premiered leaks “Japan” and “Mr. October.”
All tracks are produced by Dao Jones, with Frank Drake assisting on “Oprah” and “You Can Hate.” The sole guest appearance comes courtesy of Brooklyn buzzmaker and Booth regular The Incomparable Shakespeare.
Fans can also check out Cole King's previous albums: DAO JONES - 100 Years LP
Stream Cole King EP
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.