From 2000 to 2007, artist/producer D.Focis called Tokyo, Japan his home. During that time the Detroit native produced music for many of Japan’s most popular hip-hop and r&b acts and founded his own label, Facemusic Recordings. Through a national distribution deal with Daiki Distribution, Facemusic released four albums throughout Asia, including The New Tokyo Mixtape (mixed and hosted by Chicago DJ Jamal Smallz).
Since returning Stateside in late ‘07, D.Focis has kept busy in Atlanta, working with Booth-Approved artists such as Bobby Creekwater, Donnis, and The Nappy Roots, and jump-starting his career as talented emcee (see “The Be Strong LP”).
To give listeners a taste of his work overseas, D.Focis has hooked up with DJ Redblood for The New Tokyo Mixtape 2.
Fans can also check out D.Focis's previous albums: D.Focis Presents WFAC Facemusic Radio
Stream New Tokyo Mixtape 2
First DJ Booth Appearance:
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.