Yung Joc Interview
|Next Project:||New Joc City|
|Twitter:||Yung Joc on Twitter|
|Website:||Yung Joc's Website|
In case there is still some confusion, it is indeed “Goin Down.” Produced by Nitti, the Yung Joc smash single has already reached number one on the U.S. Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks. Joc, aka Jasiel Robinson, was a mischievous child from the time he was born. However, despite some jail time earlier in his life, he is as clean as a whistle and as serious as a heart attack (why not go with back to back cliché’s?).
At the ripe young age of 23, Joc was spotted doing a show at the historic Royal Peacock. In attendance was the head CEO of Block Entertainment and ladies and gentlemen (making it three in two paragraphs), the rest was history. Through the hip-hop grapevine, Diddy heard the buzz the ATL native was generating and signed the entire entertainment company to a distribution deal with Bad Boy. Fast forward to the present… his debut release, the out-in-stores-right-now, New Joc City is straight fire.
During the interview with DJ “Z,” Joc discusses his new album’s place in hip-hop history and his commitment to the grind and hustle of the industry. Additionally he shares a plea of remarkable dedication to stay out of trouble and admits that “Z” is the cousin he always wanted and never had.
Listen to the Yung Joc Interview
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.