Young Capone Interview
|Label:||1Up Music Group|
|Next Project:||Big Faces, Bright Lights|
|Twitter:||Ra Ra on Twitter|
|Website:||Ra Ra's Website|
DJBooth.net DJs “Z” & Caliente have interviewed So So Def/Virgin artist, Young Capone.
Atlanta-born and bred reigning from the infamous Southside all the way to Decatur, this promising athlete enjoyed football and attending school until problems at home and street temptations led him astray. With the CD single “I’m Hot,” Young Capone approached local show promoters, Wallo and Lil Lowe, asking them to help distribute his record to mix tape DJ’s. Armed with street-credible lyrics, local popularity, and high-energy performances at sold-out clubs, Capone caught the attention of So So Def producer, Nitti, who was so impressed with Capone’s record that he immediately signed him to his production company, Playmaker Music. Nitti played “I’m Hot” for music mogul, Jermaine Dupri, and the rest is history.
During the interview YC speaks on his stardom at such a young age, his place among the people within his Atlanta neighborhood and what in the world is “hot or “not”? Take a listen!
Listen to the Young Capone Interview
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.