Young Capone Interview
|Label:||1Up Music Group|
|Next Project:||Big Faces, Bright Lights|
|Twitter:||Ra Ra on Twitter|
|Website:||Ra Ra's Website|
DJBooth.net DJs “Z” & Caliente have interviewed So So Def/Virgin artist, Young Capone.
Atlanta-born and bred reigning from the infamous Southside all the way to Decatur, this promising athlete enjoyed football and attending school until problems at home and street temptations led him astray. With the CD single “I’m Hot,” Young Capone approached local show promoters, Wallo and Lil Lowe, asking them to help distribute his record to mix tape DJ’s. Armed with street-credible lyrics, local popularity, and high-energy performances at sold-out clubs, Capone caught the attention of So So Def producer, Nitti, who was so impressed with Capone’s record that he immediately signed him to his production company, Playmaker Music. Nitti played “I’m Hot” for music mogul, Jermaine Dupri, and the rest is history.
During the interview YC speaks on his stardom at such a young age, his place among the people within his Atlanta neighborhood and what in the world is “hot or “not”? Take a listen!
Listen to the Young Capone Interview
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.