|Next Project:||Rappa Ternt Sanga|
|Twitter:||T-Pain on Twitter|
DJBooth.net’s DJ “Z” has interviewed Konvict Music/Jive recording artist, T-Pain.
Born Faheem Najm in Tallahassee, Florida to a pair of entrepreneur parents, T-Pain learned how to do things for himself as a youngster. Disenchanted with the R&B he was hearing on the radio T-Pain flipped the script and started recording his own brand, called Hard & B, for his exclusive listening pleasure. T-Pain continued to fan his flames by recording as well as directing and editing the video for his street record “Fucked Up,” a timely reworked version of Akon‘s prison life ode “Locked Up.” The song grew so popular that some thought it was actually Akon who was borrowing from the dreadlocked songster. More than intrigued, the convict turned crooner reached out to the young music maker and eventually singed him to his newly formed Konvict Music imprint.
During the interview T-Pain shares the secret of where his smash single “I’m In Love With a Stripper” came from and why it was hard producing music in a small city like Tallahassee, Florida. He and “Z” also debate the issue of: Who are the true founders of “snap music”? Take a listen!
Listen to the T-Pain Interview
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.