|Next Project:||Point of No Return|
|Twitter:||Shareefa on Twitter|
Signed as the first female member of the DTP family to sing, Shareefa looks to accomplish a major goal with her debut album, Point of No Return. Other than DTP CEO and co-owner Ludacris, not a single member has released a platinum solo album (the closest is Bobby Valentino who should reach that achievement before 2007). With high hopes and industry powerhouse Def Jam behind her though, once thought of pipe dreams will become a reality sooner than later for this charismatic and talented beauty.
Using the strength of her current radio smash “Need A Boss,” featuring her own superior Ludacris, her buzz has grown increasingly larger and larger every week since the inception of her single. Produced by Rodney Jerkins (Beyonce and Brandy), the cut strays away from his classic sound and fits perfectly for Shareefa; Almost like the two had a brainchild and the end product was what popped out. Additional album production comes from vets Chucky Thompson and Salaam Remi, and newcomers the Justice League (Butterfly).
During the interview with DJ “Z,” Shareefa explains the crazy story of how she met Ludacris at the MTV studios in New York, why gender doesn’t play a true role in records sold, and how she ended up pouring a bottle of Snapple over the head of a women in traffic.
Listen to the Shareefa Interview
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.