|Next Project:||Point of No Return|
|Twitter:||Shareefa on Twitter|
Signed as the first female member of the DTP family to sing, Shareefa looks to accomplish a major goal with her debut album, Point of No Return. Other than DTP CEO and co-owner Ludacris, not a single member has released a platinum solo album (the closest is Bobby Valentino who should reach that achievement before 2007). With high hopes and industry powerhouse Def Jam behind her though, once thought of pipe dreams will become a reality sooner than later for this charismatic and talented beauty.
Using the strength of her current radio smash “Need A Boss,” featuring her own superior Ludacris, her buzz has grown increasingly larger and larger every week since the inception of her single. Produced by Rodney Jerkins (Beyonce and Brandy), the cut strays away from his classic sound and fits perfectly for Shareefa; Almost like the two had a brainchild and the end product was what popped out. Additional album production comes from vets Chucky Thompson and Salaam Remi, and newcomers the Justice League (Butterfly).
During the interview with DJ “Z,” Shareefa explains the crazy story of how she met Ludacris at the MTV studios in New York, why gender doesn’t play a true role in records sold, and how she ended up pouring a bottle of Snapple over the head of a women in traffic.
Listen to the Shareefa Interview
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)