Sean Paul Interview
|Next Project:||The Trinity|
|Twitter:||Sean Paul on Twitter|
|Website:||Sean Paul's Website|
DJBooth.net’s DJs “Z,” Caliente & Arcen have interviewed Dancehall music sensation, Sean Paul.
Sean Paul’s new album, “The Trinity,” represents the third leg of a journey that began with his 1999 album, “Stage,” a straight-up dancehall release off VP Records. Followed by his 2002 breakthrough hit, “Gimme The Light,” which started rocking on street corners before the video (directed by Lil’ X) got more then just the islands doing those sexy dance steps. Sean constantly attempts to one-up his last released single.
During the interview Sean speaks candidly about the large amount of success he has experienced in the United States, and about the true evolution of the dancehall movement over the past decade. In addition he paints a vivid picture of the horrific lifestyle one would come accustomed to seeing if they took a walk through the ghettos of Jamaica.
Listen to the Sean Paul Interview
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.