Sean Paul Interview
|Next Project:||The Trinity|
|Twitter:||Sean Paul on Twitter|
|Website:||Sean Paul's Website|
DJBooth.net’s DJs “Z,” Caliente & Arcen have interviewed Dancehall music sensation, Sean Paul.
Sean Paul’s new album, “The Trinity,” represents the third leg of a journey that began with his 1999 album, “Stage,” a straight-up dancehall release off VP Records. Followed by his 2002 breakthrough hit, “Gimme The Light,” which started rocking on street corners before the video (directed by Lil’ X) got more then just the islands doing those sexy dance steps. Sean constantly attempts to one-up his last released single.
During the interview Sean speaks candidly about the large amount of success he has experienced in the United States, and about the true evolution of the dancehall movement over the past decade. In addition he paints a vivid picture of the horrific lifestyle one would come accustomed to seeing if they took a walk through the ghettos of Jamaica.
Listen to the Sean Paul Interview
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.