Sean Paul Interview
|Next Project:||The Trinity|
|Twitter:||Sean Paul on Twitter|
|Website:||Sean Paul's Website|
DJBooth.net’s DJs “Z,” Caliente & Arcen have interviewed Dancehall music sensation, Sean Paul.
Sean Paul’s new album, “The Trinity,” represents the third leg of a journey that began with his 1999 album, “Stage,” a straight-up dancehall release off VP Records. Followed by his 2002 breakthrough hit, “Gimme The Light,” which started rocking on street corners before the video (directed by Lil’ X) got more then just the islands doing those sexy dance steps. Sean constantly attempts to one-up his last released single.
During the interview Sean speaks candidly about the large amount of success he has experienced in the United States, and about the true evolution of the dancehall movement over the past decade. In addition he paints a vivid picture of the horrific lifestyle one would come accustomed to seeing if they took a walk through the ghettos of Jamaica.
Listen to the Sean Paul Interview
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.