|Next Project:||Blue Collar (In Stores Now!|
|Twitter:||Rhymefest on Twitter|
DJ’s “Z”, Caliente & Arcen from DJBooth.net have interviewed Chicago born-n-raised MC, Rhymefest.
His debut album from J Records, Blue Collar, is due out on May 23rd and there is plenty of buzz around the Midwest! Album guests will include Kanye West, Twista, Common, Carl Thomas and Q-Tip. Production credits include West, Mark Ronson, No ID, Cool & Dre, Just Blaze and more. After releasing the Kanye West produced and laced “Brand New,” Rhymefest began to show the hip-hop world he meant serious business. Although most people around the circles of the music industry already knew of his talents, after Rhymefest received a Grammy award for co-writing the now instant classic, “Jesus Walks.”
Rhymefest speaks on the inability of Chicago-born artists to stay in their home city, the lack of creativity in most rap music heard today and why “Z” should choose a new DJ persona. Along with a full two minute freestyle and imitation of Adam Sandler collaborator, Rob Schneider, this is an interview you need to hear.
Listen to the Rhymefest Interview
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.