|Next Project:||Blue Collar (In Stores Now!|
|Twitter:||Rhymefest on Twitter|
DJ’s “Z”, Caliente & Arcen from DJBooth.net have interviewed Chicago born-n-raised MC, Rhymefest.
His debut album from J Records, Blue Collar, is due out on May 23rd and there is plenty of buzz around the Midwest! Album guests will include Kanye West, Twista, Common, Carl Thomas and Q-Tip. Production credits include West, Mark Ronson, No ID, Cool & Dre, Just Blaze and more. After releasing the Kanye West produced and laced “Brand New,” Rhymefest began to show the hip-hop world he meant serious business. Although most people around the circles of the music industry already knew of his talents, after Rhymefest received a Grammy award for co-writing the now instant classic, “Jesus Walks.”
Rhymefest speaks on the inability of Chicago-born artists to stay in their home city, the lack of creativity in most rap music heard today and why “Z” should choose a new DJ persona. Along with a full two minute freestyle and imitation of Adam Sandler collaborator, Rob Schneider, this is an interview you need to hear.
Listen to the Rhymefest Interview
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.