|Next Project:||Blue Collar (In Stores Now!|
|Twitter:||Rhymefest on Twitter|
DJ’s “Z”, Caliente & Arcen from DJBooth.net have interviewed Chicago born-n-raised MC, Rhymefest.
His debut album from J Records, Blue Collar, is due out on May 23rd and there is plenty of buzz around the Midwest! Album guests will include Kanye West, Twista, Common, Carl Thomas and Q-Tip. Production credits include West, Mark Ronson, No ID, Cool & Dre, Just Blaze and more. After releasing the Kanye West produced and laced “Brand New,” Rhymefest began to show the hip-hop world he meant serious business. Although most people around the circles of the music industry already knew of his talents, after Rhymefest received a Grammy award for co-writing the now instant classic, “Jesus Walks.”
Rhymefest speaks on the inability of Chicago-born artists to stay in their home city, the lack of creativity in most rap music heard today and why “Z” should choose a new DJ persona. Along with a full two minute freestyle and imitation of Adam Sandler collaborator, Rob Schneider, this is an interview you need to hear.
Listen to the Rhymefest Interview
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.