|Next Project:||Blue Collar (In Stores Now!|
|Twitter:||Rhymefest on Twitter|
DJ’s “Z”, Caliente & Arcen from DJBooth.net have interviewed Chicago born-n-raised MC, Rhymefest.
His debut album from J Records, Blue Collar, is due out on May 23rd and there is plenty of buzz around the Midwest! Album guests will include Kanye West, Twista, Common, Carl Thomas and Q-Tip. Production credits include West, Mark Ronson, No ID, Cool & Dre, Just Blaze and more. After releasing the Kanye West produced and laced “Brand New,” Rhymefest began to show the hip-hop world he meant serious business. Although most people around the circles of the music industry already knew of his talents, after Rhymefest received a Grammy award for co-writing the now instant classic, “Jesus Walks.”
Rhymefest speaks on the inability of Chicago-born artists to stay in their home city, the lack of creativity in most rap music heard today and why “Z” should choose a new DJ persona. Along with a full two minute freestyle and imitation of Adam Sandler collaborator, Rob Schneider, this is an interview you need to hear.
Listen to the Rhymefest Interview
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)