|Next Project:||"Hand 2 Hand: The Official Mixtape Instruction Manual"|
Known to the general public as Proof, DeShaun Holton a.k.a. “Dirty Harry,” was a rap icon in his home city of Detroit. Revered by many as being equally responsible as D12 band mate Eminem for the start of true hip-hop in the Motor City, Proof’s sudden and untimely death on April the 11th has left music lovers and fans world wide in shock.
In 2005 Proof ventured out to create his own record label, Iron Fist Records, and release his first solo project away from D12, “Searching for Jerry Garcia.” The album features guest spots from 50 Cent, Obie Trice, Nate Dogg and Method Man, as well as Proof’s D12 band members including Bizarre and Swifty McVay.
Just cleared by the label to start work on a third D12 album, Proof along with his D12 homies were in Detroit making all necessary arrangements to begin the blueprint of another successful album. Just three weeks before his death, Proof took time out from a studio session to call into WZND to speak with “PreGame” host, DJ “Z.”
During the interview Proof discussed the importance of unity among Midwest artists, Bizarre’s reasoning for joining the cast of last season’s Celebrity Fit Club 2, and his excitement about beginning to record a new album with his D12 band members.
The posting of this interview is in celebration of the life in which DeShaun “Big Proof” Holton lived. He will forever be missed and never forgotten.
Listen to the Proof Interview
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)