|Label:||PoloGrounds/J/Mr. 305 Inc.|
|Next Project:||El Mariel (In Stores Now!)|
|Twitter:||Pitbull on Twitter|
Born Armando Christian Pérez, Cuban-American rapper Pitbull, has turned into a major problem. Signed to indie-major TVT Records, the Miami spit master has flair on the mic unlike any of his fellow 305 residents. Come to think of it, you can include every other US area code. Having been a rapper for many years, Pitbull finally got his big break when he was featured on Lil’ Jon’s Kings of Crunk (2002) album. His rhyming tenacity and creatively catchy lines instantly caught fire in the local Miami rap scene and helped blossom his career into an international success.
Pitbull’s first TVT Records release entitled M.I.A.M.I (Money is A Major Issue) dropped in August of 2004. The album spurned the hit singles “Dammit Man,” and “Toma” along with a plethora of feature offers from industry big shots. It is safe to say his collaboration tally is next to that of only Chicago flamespitter Twista (whom he has worked with on multiple occasions).
During the interview with DJBooth.net’s DJ “Z” and Caliente, Pitbull touches on his brand new album El Mariel (both English and Spanish versions) which is set for a Fall 2006 release, the kind of spicy foods that tickle his taste buds and who in Miami is on the same level as Pit himself.
Listen to the Pitbull Interview
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)