|Next Project:||Everything New (In Stores Now)|
At only the age of 26, Houston singer Natalie has already accomplished more then most thirty-something year old artists. While pursuing a career in dance choreography, Natalie spent long and grueling days as a dancer for the NBA’s Houston Rockets. While she learned moves and worked games, her unknown talents as a freestyle rapper slowly spread through the inner circles of the city. Soon after her skills became common knowledge, locally based Latium Entertainment came knocking on her door.
Impressed with what they heard, both rapped and sung, Natalie scored a record contract. Not long after the ink dried on her deal, she already had pen in hand for her second big break. Always longing for the opportunity to be an established singer-songwriter, Natalie hooked up with EMI and landed a lucrative publishing deal. Not bad at all for a singer who only started belting notes two year prior.
Out in stores now, as your read this very interview feature, is Natalie’s sophomore album entitled Everything New. The disc encompasses the growth and maturity of an artist who is both talented and goal-oriented. To help her with the process are home town family including UGK original, Bun B, production team Play-N-Skillz (Chamillionaire’s single, Ridin), and Houston phenom rapper, Rob G.
During her interview with DJBooth.net’s DJ “Z,” Natalie talks about her beginning and how she has transitioned into the artist she is today. In addition, she tackles the issue of who is really bringing ‘sexy back,’ and how she was able to use her skills as a freestyle rapper to garner the respect of Houston’s A-List heavyweights.
Listen to the Natalie Interview
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.