Murphy Lee Interview
|Next Project:||The Package (In Stores 2007!)|
|Twitter:||Murphy Lee on Twitter|
|Website:||Murphy Lee's Website|
He owns the ‘Good for You Cafe’, (two St. Louis locations), in addition to founding his own company U-C-ME Entertainment which is a promotions company set out to harbor and then highlight up and coming artists. Did we mention he is also a member of the Platinum selling group the St. Lunatics? Oh so you’re thinking he needs to rely on others for success? Nope, try again. His debut release off of Deerty/Universal, Murphy’s Law, garnered a nice platinum plaque for a dining room. The man who is all about reppin` the Arch, Murphy Lee is bout his business and here to stay.
In addition to preparing his sophomore release, The Package (to be released later this year), Murph also has a brand new mixtape out. Hooking up with Cali Untouchable DJs, DJ Strong, the two put together Cali Untouchable Radio 8: This Dirrty Edition. The street album features his new single “Dat Bullshit” in addition to features from the St. Lunatics, Nelly, Gipp, Ali, and more. Although his own work is the top priority, his new company U-C ME Entertainment is bound and determined to help promote and push the career of newcomer and Asylum Records signee, Potzee.
During his interview with DJBooth.net’s DJ “Z,” Murphy Lee talks about the restaurant business and his specialty item on the menu, why Midwest artists from St. Louis and Chicago still don’t collab as much as other regions across the states, and who would make the best Vice President if Murph replaced Geroge Dub-a-ya Bush.
Listen to the Murphy Lee Interview
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.