Mobb Deep Interview
|Next Project:||Blood Money|
|Twitter:||Mobb Deep on Twitter|
|Website:||Mobb Deep's Website|
Known as “The Infamous” Mobb Deep, Queens Natives Prodigy and Havoc make up one of the most notable hip-hop duos of all time. Their 1999 release, Murda Muzik, went platinum and issued the hit singles “Quiet Storm” and “It’s Mine” featuring fellow NYC rapper, Nas. Since then, the duo has released two albums from two different labels. Both Sony and Jive couldn’t give the group the promotion and backing they needed to sell units.
Now in 2006, they find themselves under the supervision of G-Unit founder and mogul, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson. Through their parent label, Interscope, M.O.B.B. also landed a distribution deal for their “Infamous Records” label. Under the new deal, they have just released their new project, Blood Money. The lead single from the album is titled ‘Put ‘Em In Their Place’, and was released back in February. The guest list is almost strictly family as Llyod Banks, Young Buck, Tony Yayo and 50 Cent (on 6 songs) all have their place on the 16-cut release.
During his interview with DJ “Z,” Havoc explains the amazing feeling of being signed to a label which supports true hip-hop, the possibility of a joint M.O.B.B./M.O.P collabo album in 2007 and why Prodigy passed out on the couch and couldn’t make it through a full interview.
Listen to the Mobb Deep Interview
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.