Mobb Deep Interview
|Next Project:||Blood Money|
|Twitter:||Mobb Deep on Twitter|
|Website:||Mobb Deep's Website|
Known as “The Infamous” Mobb Deep, Queens Natives Prodigy and Havoc make up one of the most notable hip-hop duos of all time. Their 1999 release, Murda Muzik, went platinum and issued the hit singles “Quiet Storm” and “It’s Mine” featuring fellow NYC rapper, Nas. Since then, the duo has released two albums from two different labels. Both Sony and Jive couldn’t give the group the promotion and backing they needed to sell units.
Now in 2006, they find themselves under the supervision of G-Unit founder and mogul, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson. Through their parent label, Interscope, M.O.B.B. also landed a distribution deal for their “Infamous Records” label. Under the new deal, they have just released their new project, Blood Money. The lead single from the album is titled ‘Put ‘Em In Their Place’, and was released back in February. The guest list is almost strictly family as Llyod Banks, Young Buck, Tony Yayo and 50 Cent (on 6 songs) all have their place on the 16-cut release.
During his interview with DJ “Z,” Havoc explains the amazing feeling of being signed to a label which supports true hip-hop, the possibility of a joint M.O.B.B./M.O.P collabo album in 2007 and why Prodigy passed out on the couch and couldn’t make it through a full interview.
Listen to the Mobb Deep Interview
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.