|Label:||Sick Wid It/Heavy On The Grind/EMI|
|Next Project:||My Ghetto Report Card|
|Twitter:||E-40 on Twitter|
After two decades and twelve albums recorded, how is it possible to remain both topical and trendy? Simple, embody E-40 and make up some original sh*t never heard before. With his new album in stores, My Ghetto Report Card, E-40 comes with a fresh energy and an equivalent flair which all encompasses Hyphy, the new Bay Area youth culture movement. Always one to consider himself “The Ambassador of the Bay,” E-40 has remained a staple figure within the urban community regardless of the time logged in-between his past releases.
His current single featuring T-Pain and Kandi “U & Dat,” (which by the way… has a sick remix with Julez Santana and Snoop Dogg) is burning up both clubs and radio charts across the country. Currently #3 on the Rhythmic charts and #12 on the Urban charts, the single has showed both E-40 haters and industry execs that the man who brought us ‘Rappers Ball’ (which featured Too Short and K-Ci) can still churn out the hits.
Never the type to become a flash in the pants, 40-Water (as he has been called) has jumped on a plethora of new business ventures which showcase his unique entrepreneurial side. Look for nine more of his self-created burger joints to open in California and in January of ’07, comes his new brand of liquor, Cloud 9.
During his interview with DJBooth.net’s DJ “Z,” E-40 discusses the ease behind a Cali collabo between Snoop Dogg (Gangsta) and himself (Hyphy) on the upcoming Snoop release, Blue Carpet Treatment. In addition, E-40 reviews up-coming talent the Bay area has to offer the hip-hop world and how innovation plus creativity equals, ‘you smell me’?
Listen to the E-40 Interview
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.