DJ Toomp Interview
|Next Project:||Executive Producer of Short Dawg's upcoming project (RSMG), produced first single off TI's KING, "What U Know," and has several tracks on the new 8 Ball & MJG album!|
|Twitter:||DJ Toomp on Twitter|
|Website:||DJ Toomp's Website|
When he isn’t working with TI, Young Jeezy, Ludacris, 8 Ball & MJG, Stat Quo, Pastor Troy, Lil Jon & The East Side Boys or Boyz N Da Hood... he is just like you or I. Well, not really. While on the grind for two full decades and then some, DJ Toomp is the production mastermind behind many of the radio singles ATL superstar TI has offered the public. Cuts like “24’s,” “Be Easy,” “Motivation,” “U Don’t Know Me,” and the chart topping-instant-hit “What U Know” from TI’s current album, the platinum King are just a few of the many.
In addition to his work with the major heavyweights of the hip-hop industry, he is also the head of his own production company Zoneboy With a stable of talent including R&B artist Jovan Dais, rappers Suga Suga, Jack Bona, SS and 4 1/2, it looks as though Toomp’s impact in hip-hop has just truly begun.
During his interview with DJ “Z,” the two discuss Toomp’s keen ability to make beats that can be released as singles without the addition of vocals. They discuss the relationship between Toomp and ATLien T.I.‘s upstart career and how Atlanta has become the hip-hop hot spot. PLUS, Toomp reveals numbers that spotlight the steady cash flow from major label production duties.
Listen to the DJ Toomp Interview
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.