DJ Khaled Interview
|Next Project:||TS Presents: "LIISSTTEENN!!!" (In Stores June 6th)|
|Twitter:||DJ Khaled on Twitter|
|Website:||DJ Khaled's Website|
With his powerful persona and energetic vibe, to quote UK singer Craig David: DJ Khaled was “born to do it.” Originally from the N.O. and a transplant citizen of the 305 (Miami), Khaled has been doing his thing for years. Not only does he have the #1 rated hip-hop show in all of South Florida, but on the horizon is his highly anticipated solo debut album featuring everyone including your grandma.
The album, titled “LIISSTTEENN!!!,” has already spurn the single “Holla At Me Baby,” which features industry heavyweights Lil’ Wayne, Paul Wall, Pitbull and Fat Joe. Not to mention also sporting the rhymes of Miami native and Jay-Z signee, Rick Ross. To follow, are album collaborations with everyone from Kanye West and Consequence to Beanie Sigel and Jadakiss.
During the interview with DJ “Z,” Khaled (also known as the Beat Novocain) talks about the process he ran through to get his hip-hop family together for the album, as well as the style that people outside of Miami will take notice of from his soon-to-drop offering. Before ending the interview he even dispels some insider rumors regarding best friend Fat Joe’s current label situation and which Def Jam artist he spent major studio time with earlier this year.
Listen to the DJ Khaled Interview
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.