Bobby V Interview
|Label:||Blue Kolla Dreams|
|Next Project:||Special Occasion (Available December 2006!)|
|Twitter:||Bobby V on Twitter|
|Website:||Bobby V's Website|
Bobby V was presented to the world, via Disturbing Tha Peace, through his solo release in 2005. Slightly over a year later Bobby V embarks on his sophomore release, Special Occasion, which has expectations through the roof. After selling nearly 1 million albums—to date Bobby has sold approximately 880,000 units—on the strength of singles “Slow Down,” and “Tell Me” (featuring Lil’ Wayne), Bobby knows what he needs to do in order to “elevate” his career to the next level. That business-minded attitude is something that he developed while earning his undergraduate degree from Clark Atlanta University.
Claiming that his new material is “arguably his best body of work to date,” Bobby intends on unveiling a style he didn’t fully convey the first time around. Special Occasion boasts production duties from a plethora of talented industry folk including Rodney Jerkins, Sean Garrett, Tim & Bob, Bryan Michael Cox and Dre & Vidal. Unlike “Disturbing Tha Peace presents Bobby Valentino,” which was strictly produced by Tim & Bob, Bobby’s new collaborations allow for his unique voice to shine in a variety of lights (ie. Turn The Page). As far as features verses are concerned, Bobby explains “We’ll see how many checks I feel like writing!”
During his interview with DJ “Z,” Bobby explains the driving adventures which spurned the idea behind the album’s buzz single “Wreck (The Err Song),” why artists can’t blame their labels for a lack of promotion and how every day following the December drop date will be a truly Special Occasion.
Listen to the Bobby Valentino Interview
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.