Bobby V Interview
|Label:||Blue Kolla Dreams|
|Next Project:||Special Occasion (Available December 2006!)|
|Twitter:||Bobby V on Twitter|
|Website:||Bobby V's Website|
Bobby V was presented to the world, via Disturbing Tha Peace, through his solo release in 2005. Slightly over a year later Bobby V embarks on his sophomore release, Special Occasion, which has expectations through the roof. After selling nearly 1 million albums—to date Bobby has sold approximately 880,000 units—on the strength of singles “Slow Down,” and “Tell Me” (featuring Lil’ Wayne), Bobby knows what he needs to do in order to “elevate” his career to the next level. That business-minded attitude is something that he developed while earning his undergraduate degree from Clark Atlanta University.
Claiming that his new material is “arguably his best body of work to date,” Bobby intends on unveiling a style he didn’t fully convey the first time around. Special Occasion boasts production duties from a plethora of talented industry folk including Rodney Jerkins, Sean Garrett, Tim & Bob, Bryan Michael Cox and Dre & Vidal. Unlike “Disturbing Tha Peace presents Bobby Valentino,” which was strictly produced by Tim & Bob, Bobby’s new collaborations allow for his unique voice to shine in a variety of lights (ie. Turn The Page). As far as features verses are concerned, Bobby explains “We’ll see how many checks I feel like writing!”
During his interview with DJ “Z,” Bobby explains the driving adventures which spurned the idea behind the album’s buzz single “Wreck (The Err Song),” why artists can’t blame their labels for a lack of promotion and how every day following the December drop date will be a truly Special Occasion.
Listen to the Bobby Valentino Interview
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.