|Next Project:||The Heart of the Streets, Vol. 2- I Am What I Am|
|Twitter:||B.G. on Twitter|
At just 14 years of age, the rap career of New Orleans born B. Gizzle began. After releasing albums such as Chopper City and Checkmate as a solo artist and collaborative efforts with former Hot Boys Juvenile, Lil’ Wayne and Turk, BG flew the coup on Cash Money Records. Opting for creative freedom and self-expansion, on-the-rise Chopper City Records was born, headed by an artist whose catalog seems as large as the Webster’s dictionary which officially added his “bling bling” phenomenon as the most underused word among United State English teachers.
Independently releasing his last two efforts, The Heart Of The Streetz (Volumes 1 and 2), through Indie giant Koch Records—BG staked a claim as the most successful artist to do an independent record the right way. In fact, the numbers tallied from albums bought were so impressive; Atlanta’s self-proclaimed king T.I. took notice. Working with Atlantic Records, T.I. brokered a distribution deal for both BG and his label, allowing the South to once again show their loyalty and friendship.
During his interview with DJBooth.net’s DJ “Z” and “Caliente,” B. Gizzle talked about his newest project and its heavy influence from long-time friend and super producer, Mannie Fresh. In addition, he touches on the shady behavior of former friends Lil’ Wayne and Baby, the aftermath of 2005’s Hurricane Katrina devastation, and why his longevity (20 plus release in 14 years) is no joke!
Listen to the B.G. Interview
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.