MaBinti Yillah's DJ BOOTH PROFILE
Name: MaBinti Yillah
Join Date: August 9, 2012
Last Login: August 9, 2012
Total Ratings: 1
MaBinti Yillah's TOP HIP HOP SINGLES
Aaliyah - “Enough Said”
“I'm not going to lie. I wanted to hate it as I'm a nostalgic fan but once those drums and her gorgeous voice comes in, it was a wrap for me. Aaliyah's vocals compliment 40's sparse production so well like a perfect match. Minimalist production may be the way to go with Aaliyah's vocals because Aaliyah always thrived on moody, atmospheric tracks just as well as she maneuvered Timbo's complex landscapes. Overall, it's a timely reminder as to why the 90s generation is obsessed with Aaliyah. What other singer could convey concern, compassion, tenderness and sincerity without histrionics or sappiness? What other singer could melt hearts just as easily as she could mend them with her voice? Nobody could do it better than Aaliyah. People criticize the track for being minimalist and "simple" but in a era full of hyperbole and ratchedness, simplicity and honesty may be the best cure. I can't believe I'm saying this but thanks Drake and 40.”MaBinti Yillah's Rating: Posted on Aug 10, 2012
MaBinti Yillah's TOP ALBUMS
Note: Favorited tracks and albums no longer show up on member profiles
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.