TheHipHop_Aficionado's TOP ALBUMS
¡MAYDAY! - “Believers”
“Great album. I consistently look for these guys. They write, play their own instruments and are creative in their choices. Originality and mastering their craft, can't go wrong. 4.5 stars”TheHipHop_Aficionado's Rating: Posted on Jul 31, 2013
Jay Z - “Magna Carta... Holy Grail”
“It had some solid high points, but it seemed like Hov kind of mailed in this one. Perhaps he has too many logs in the fire, but I didn't hear any growth or real evolution. When you are regarded as the GOAT emcee, what challenges are there? Is the hunger there anymore? The insatiable need to evolve, take risks and challenge yourself? Micheal Jackson sought to change the genre and took risks that sometimes failed, Jordan woke up with new challenges for himself every day. Take us someplace creatively others won't or can't go. With that risk Hov could fail, or perhaps touch greatness again with a final classic. Or maybe a new musical chapter entirely? Regardless, you either get better or you get worse, if Jay doesn't continue to evolve and take that risk again it might cease to matter in time. 3.5 stars”TheHipHop_Aficionado's Rating: Posted on Jul 08, 2013
J. Cole - “Truly Yours EP”
“If these are the extras, Cole might drop his best album yet. It's about time he starts reaching his potential. Excellent EP. 4.5 stars”TheHipHop_Aficionado's Rating: Posted on Mar 12, 2013
Big Boi - “Vicious Lies & Dangerous Rumors”
“They are the greatest Hip-Hop group of all time, no hyperbole. Facts, accolades and numbers to prove it. Just like older generations witnessed the greatest rock artists in their prime in the 60's and 70's, this generation has been lucky enough to witness Hip Hop's greatest in the late 80's - 90's and present. Just take time and appreciate you saw your genre's MJ, Magic and Hakeem play while they're still here. It's a beautiful thing. Great review. 4.5 stars ”TheHipHop_Aficionado's Rating: Posted on Dec 25, 2012
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.