Vman009's TOP ALBUMS
Janelle Monáe - “The Electric Lady”
“I am not sure if this is a objective review because I really do just like Janelle Monáe's style and her sound. She seems like she genuinely likes making music just for the sake of making it and it shows in this album. Janelle molds funk, R&B, rock, Hip-Hop, pop into something that sounds different and fresh when compared to a lot of artist out right now. You can hear the Stevie Wonder influence on a song like "Ghetto Women" or the more classic R&B sound on a song like "Primetime." A song like "Look Into My Eyes" brings back that Janelle's spacey orchestra sound from her previous albums. Janelle has even kept her signature Suites which now include Suite IV and Suite V and if you enjoyed them on past albums you will enjoy them here. In the end, Janelle truly seem comfortable trying new sounds and making music you may not associate with the R&B genre. This album is evidence of that. 5/5 PS: FUCKING PRINCE!”Vman009's Rating: Posted on Sep 10, 2013
J. Cole - “Truly Yours EP”
“Good songs, good production, what more can you ask for? Appreciate the EP J Cole, very unexpected. ”Vman009's Rating: Posted on Feb 12, 2013
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.