Phil Esteen's TOP HIP HOP SINGLES
Anilyst - “Winners”
“sick production work... havent heard anything so artsy in a while.. props to the producer.. the track plays in and out with the synth lines and builds tension and transition well...the dubstep at about 2:09 really bring a good pump to the track and add a little chaoss..love it.. a very well refined track.. EQ's on point.. the lyrics are witty and brainy without coming across as pretentious.. you have to listen to it a few times to catch the well developed metaphors..this guy has serious serious potential for the club and college scene.. cheers..”Phil Esteen's Rating: Posted on Dec 08, 2011
Soul Khan - “Mr. Governor”
“this is a sick track. the flow is smooth.. vocals well produced.. there are a few odd samples of pianos and something that sounds like a high pitched clav that don't sit exactly well in the mix (for me that is) although they cut through nicely.. maybe re-eq... love the message hes sending out.. overall a great track with solid feel and good soul..”Phil Esteen's Rating: Posted on Dec 08, 2011
||Analyst - “Way I'm Livin' (Remix) ft. Vico ” Phil Esteen's Rating: Posted on Jan 30, 2008|
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.