MrWest.on's TOP ALBUMS
Nas & Damian Marley - “Distant Relatives”
“An album can have countless positive qualities and strengths, but just one falter can knock an album out of the running for classic status. And that's what happens here. The only real problem here is that, at times, it sounds a little dry. Epic production work and strong lyrical work centered around an admirable topic makes this album great, but I still feel like something is missing. Maybe it's that Nas has set aside a lot of his street grittiness, maybe it's that a lot of the otherwise great production isn't quite diverse enough, often sounding a little repetitive. There is a small flaw I can't seem to put my finger on, and maybe I'm overthinking it, but it's just disappointing to see it fall just short of what it could and should be.”MrWest.on's Rating: Posted on Jun 17, 2010
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.