Magma Root DJ Backpack L Review
Overview: Magma has recently released a group of new DJ gear bags that provide ample protection, good comfort, and enough room to hold a primary device, a laptop, and a number of extra goodies to take along for the trip. The Magma Root DJ Backpacks come in three different sizes (L, XL, & XXL) to fit different DJ equipment and they are made with Heavy-duty and waterproof Ballistic Nylon to ensure the gear is protected during transport. Check out the full HD-Video review to see if the Root DJ Backpacks will suit your needs.
Review Video & Demo
Setup & First Impressions
The Magma Root DJ Backpacks are perfect for performing artists who want a quality bag to protect their gear with style and comfort. The Magma Root DJ Backpacks all come with additional padding inserts and dividers so that gear can fit perfectly in the allotted compartments. The Magma Root DJ Backpacks come in three different sizes, but we have reviewed the smallest "L" model for our video. The L model can fit smaller controllers and 10-inch battle mixers such as the Traktor Kontrol S2, VCI-380, MC-3000, Kontrol Z2, Rane Sixty-two, etc. The XL Model can hold devices like the Traktor Kontrol S4, VCI-400, Terminal Mix 4,VMS 4, MC-6000, Mixtrack II, and more. The XXL Model can fit the Pioneer DDJ-SX, DDJ-T1/S1, DDJ-Ergo, XDJ-Aero, NS-6, N4, Mixdeck Quad, and similar sized devices. Please see our in depth video review above and the full product description below for more details and information.
Magma Root DJ Backpack L
DJ Backpack for all your basic essentials
Guided by the principle "form follows function the new Root Pack line is focused on the essentials. Especially for Digital-DJs demanding high functionality, strength, durability and maximum comfort at a reasonable price, the new Root DJ Backpack L is the perfect solution.
The new Root DJ Backpack L is a comfortable and very versatile backpack designed to hold a basic digital-DJ setup including a controller or battle mixer such as S2, VCI-380, Z2, Sixty-Two or similar-sized models. It provides one large, padded main compartment that can be easily subdivided into two sections, using a removable divider, to hold a controller (or mixer) and a laptop up to 19.
Other accessories such as headphones, interface, cables or even 2 x X1/F1 can be stowed inside the large front pocket and another flat 12 compartment offers some extra space for up to 5 time code records or a foldable laptop-stand.
- Holds Kontrol S2, VCI-380/300, VMS 2, MC-3000/2000, APC-40 and similar sized controllers or battle mixers such as Sixty-Two, Kontrol Z2, etc.
- Heavy-duty and waterproof Ballistic Nylon 1680D
- Padded main compartment can be subdivided with removable divider
- Incl. additional foam set for battle mixers
- 12 pocket for up to 5 records or foldable laptop-stand
- Large accessory pocket incl. mesh organizer
- Side compression straps
- Strong carrying handle, ergonomic padded back panel and comfortable backpack straps (with metal buckles)
- Hand luggage compatible
- External: 19" x 13" x 8"
- Internal: 17.7" x 12.5" x 6"
Magma Root DJ Backpack L
Pros & Cons
- Strong and Durable Nylon Construction
- Very Comfortable & Ergonomic
- Heavily Padded Main Compartment for Mixers, Controllers, Laptops
- Additional padding and panels for a Perfect Fit
- Adjustable shoulder straps and Side Compressions straps
- Slightly High Price ($129)
Written by djblaze on 11/25/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
|Additional Mixers Reviews:
||Other DJ Equipment Reviews
||Equipment by Manufacturer
Follow DJBooth DJs