Cortex DMIX-600 Review
Share This Page:
Cortex DMIX-600 Staff Review
Cortex DMIX-600 Features
Technically sound, compact, portable and incorporating premium features and onboard effects, the DMIX-600 is the most advanced all-in-one mixing solution for your iPod™ or any other external USB storage device.
Integrating Cortex's patent-pending USB compatible technology with a 2-channel audio mixer, universal iPod™ cradle two USB ports (one in the rear and one inside of the iPod™dock for superior connectivity options), DJ's can search, cue, play, pitch, mix and even scratch digital music files (MP3 or .WAV) directly from their iPod™ or any other external USB storage device.
The DMIX-600's advanced features include Master Tempo, Key Adjust, Touch-Sensitive (Scratch) Jog Wheels, 3 DSP Effects (Filter, Flanger, Reverb and 2 "Hot Cues".
The fully loaded mixer sections boasts a 3-band EQ per channel with Gain Control, Auxiliary Inputs for Phono or Line devices to allow you to connect external CD players and Turntables, balanced XLR outputs for connecting to larger professional sound systems and RCA outputs for Master, Booth and Record.
Whether mixing at home, in the club, or at a party, the DMIX-600 delivers optimum functionality and unrivaled control of your digital music files that is perfect for portable set-ups, permanent installations and mobile DJ rigs.
* Full CBR & VBR MP3 Compatibility
* Support for various hard drive & flash-based music players, such as Apple iPod™ and External CD/DVD Rom Drives
* Due to Apple limitations, the iPod® iTouch, iPhone & Mac formatted Classics are not compatible with Cortex products. Intelligent music database management
* Master tempo for locking pitch while adjusting speed
* Dedicated Seamless loop buttons with adjustable in and out points
* Multiple search options including file explorer & BPM search
* Playlist creation with iPod™ Playlist Compatibility
* Dual 4 line 80-charcter LCD displays for playback information, parameter adjustments & Waveform display
* USB Keyboard connection for search and navigation
* Touch sensitive Jog Wheels with Jog Mode Select
* Three Effects (Filter, Flanger, Reverb) plus Scratch
* Auto Cue & 2 dedicated & adjustable "Hot Cues"
* User-configurable setup menu
* One touch Song & ID3 tag info button
* Single/continuous play modes
* Shuffle mode for unattended playback
* Two time display modes
* Pitch control fader & bend button with range of +/- 24%
* Performance protection eliminates accidental shutdown
* Rugged but slim tabletop design with steel frame construction tough enough for any application
* English, Spanish & French Language support
* Dual mode iPod™ Dock
* Due to Apple limitations, the iPod® iTouch, iPhone & Mac formatted Classics are not compatible with Cortex products. 3 Band EQ with Gain Control
* Blue "Fluid" diffused VU Meters with Master Cue select
* Cue Fader & adjustable Cue volume
* ¼ headphone output
* 2 ¼ mic inputs one with 2 band EQ
* Balanced XLR Master Output
* 45mm SuperSmooth Crossfader with selectable Crossfader curve
* Auxiliary Inputs for Phono or Line devices
* RCA outputs for Master, Booth and Record
Submit a Review and/or Rating
Member Reviews and Ratings
Cortex DMIX-600 Related Links
||Other DJ Equipment Reviews
||Equipment by Manufacturer