[Video] Mixvibes Cross 2.5 Update Released
Mixvibes has just released the new Cross DJ 2.5 update for its flagship Mac/PC DJ software. The new 2.5 update features built-in key detection and control, new full-screen collection view, and much more. There's also new maps and support for today's popular controllers such as the Pioneer DDJ-SX, Numark 4TRAK, and Traktor's S4.
Mixvibes Cross DJ 2.5 Intro Video
Check out the complete details in the press release below and then head over to the Mixvibes site using the links below to download the update today!
Cross DJ 2.5
Cross DJ 2.5 | Mix in harmony
Mixvibes introduces an update for Cross DJ, its Mac/PC flagship software. Blend tracks
seamlessly, create mash-ups in seconds and record smooth mixtapes. Indeed, the 2.5 version features built-in key detection and control, new full screen collection and more.
Accurate Key detection for smooth harmonic mixes
There’s accurate built-in key detection right in Cross DJ: no need for third party software anymore. Key can be displayed in classic notation or harmonic code, making it easy to find matching tracks.
Key control and dynamic display
Key is just as important as BPM. Cross DJ displays it straight into the deck header. Match it
automatically to the master deck, or change the pitch manually by semitones.
The Dynamic Key
display reflects those changes, and turns white when in harmony.
Browsing by key is now super easy: key compatible tunes are highlighted in bright orange. Focus
on other search criteria, and the key still pops up.
Easy browsing with new full screen collection
Selection is the heart of DJing. The collection view is now more intuitive than ever with the new miniplayers.
It gives more space to browse tracks, while keeping an eye on what’s playing.
Additionally, you can now drag and drop tracks between players and samplers useful when you have only one turntable or CDJ.
Peak view markers : better understanding of track structure
DJs are used to production software grids to understand a track’s structure. Cross DJ is the first
DJ application to show those markers on the track’s peak view, making it easy to mix musical phrases.
Mixvibes’ philosophy is to be as open as possible. Cross DJ 2.5 introduces one to one mappings
of the latest popular controllers:
● Pioneer DDJSX
● Numark 4TRAK, N4 and Mixdeck Quad
● Vestax Spin 2
● NI Kontrol S4 and X1
What else is new in this update?
● Do advanced MIDI mappings with MIDI macros (i.e. assign multiple functions to one button)
This update is free and available for Cross, Cross DJ and Cross DJ Free.
Download Cross 2.5: http://www.mixvibes.com/content/products/cross0
Download Cross DJ 2.5: http://www.mixvibes.com/content/products/crossdj
Download Cross DJ Free 2.5: http://www.mixvibes.com/
Mixvibes has developed DJ apps for Mac, PC, iPad and iPhone for over 10 years. It is also the
company behind Pioneer’s rekordbox™, worldwide club standard music management software.
Cross / Cross DJ Main features
● 4 players
● 2x 8 pad samplers
● Ultra-accurate synchronization for ultra-easy beat matching
● Sync link mode (with master deck)
● Complete DJ Mixer with 3-band EQ, volume faders, crossfader, level meters and direct access bifilter
● Parallel waveforms and track overview display
● Modular user interface
● Smart seek (jump playback position using increments of 1/32 to 32 beats)
● Snap and quantize
● Slip mode
● 8 hot cues/loops per track
● Hot sampling
● Advanced beat grid editor for tracks with irregular bpm
● Auto loops (1/32 to 32 beats)
● Built-in key detection engine
● Dynamic key control and display (harmonic or classic notation)
● Pitch fader and pitch bend
● Pitch range from 4% to 100%
● 14 audio effects
● Audio Recording
● Autoplay Collection
● iTunes integration
● Advanced media management (smart playlists, inkey tracks hightlighted, filter search, color coding, tag editing,...)
● Import libraries from Rekordbox and other DJ software (Traktor, Virtual DJ,...), including beat grid and hot cues
● History playlist to keep track of previous sessions
● Loopmasters sample banks offered External control
● Over 60 MIDI controllers support (Pioneer, Hercules, Numark, etc.)
● Mapping editor with macros
● Advanced audio routing
● External soundcard support
● All main audio formats compatible : MP3, M4A, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, OGG, AAC, …
● 5 languages supported
● Cross DJ iPhone & iPad Remote application support
● Video Plugin available
Kareem Julien (AKA DJ Blaze) has been a hip-hop, R&B, Reggae, and Club DJ since 1993. DJ Blaze has reviewed over 100 pieces of DJ Equipment and continues to provide the DJ community with high quality DJ gear reviews and updates related to DJ equipment and DJ culture.
Follow DJBooth DJs