Serato DJ 1.6 Beta Released
Today, Serato DJ released the new 1.6 Beta download to the public which brings all of the other Rane DJ mixers and DVS soundcards up-to-date with the newest Serato DJ features and functions. The Rane SL2, SL3, SL4, Sixty-One, Sixty-Two, and Sixty-Eight can all now reap the benefits of using the new Serato DJ platform instead of the "soon-to-be-retired" Serato Scratch Live software. Remember, this is only a Beta release, so Serato users are warned not to use this software in live performances because its not yet fully tested.
Serato DJ 1.6 Beta Download
The Serato DJ 1.6 Beta release is also compatible with the Numark V7 controller and the Pioneer CDJ-900 while also providing a host of bug-fixes and controller specific directives as outlined in the full press release below. Be sure to head on over to the Serato Forums and download the latest and greatest Serato DJ offering and be sure to report any bugs or issues to the Serato group so that the final release is near perfect...
Serato DJ 1.6 Beta Builds and Release Notes
Windows 8/Mac OS X 10.9 Users, we need your help!
Because supporting a new OS platform is never a finite thing, we could test forever and still not be 100% that there are no issues.
This is where you guys come in. Although we feel confident there are no major issues, we would like to encourage all Windows 8 or Mac OS X 10.9 users to come forward and report any issues during Public Beta.
We will endeavour to fix any reported issues ultimately aiming to announce full support for Windows 8 and Mac OS X in Serato DJ 1.6.1.
Added Serato DJ Hardware Support
• Numark V7
• Rane SL2
• Rane SL3
• Rane SL4
• Rane Sixty-One
• Rane Sixty-Two
• Rane Sixty-Eight
Added Serato DJ Accessory Support
• Pioneer CDJ-900
• Quantize Mode On/Off button added in main screen
• Quantize Value drop down menu added to Setup Screen > DJ Preferences
• Nameable Cue Points
• Maintain Sync on Track Load Setup option
• Stack View Mode
• Added Aux output channel for DJ-FX on Rane SL4
• Improved Cue Point and Loops Display area
• Open/Close crates from hardware
• Can select input source on 61 and 62 directly from setup screen
• Made BPM column ON by default for first installation
• Made selected Auto Loop Value easier to see
• Auto open ‘Audio’ panel after Pioneer DJM-900SRT driver install
• Auto change to INT mode when HID device connected
• Added back Vertical Overview in Vertical Mode
• Added back Icicles in Horizontal Mode
• Added back “Lock Loop” functionality
• Crash when VCI-400 ASIO Control Panel buffer setting is set to 8192 on Windows 7/64 bit
• Fixed issue where some users can’t connect to CDJ2000s in HID mode
• Hang when attempting to load a missing track using the “previous” button on a CDJ in HID mode
• Channel 4 CD input could control Deck 2 and 4 with Rane Sixty-Four
• Issue where sometimes the Serato DJ could hang on exit if Serato Remote enabled
• Crash when resizing library column as the song is being added to history
• Fixed Loop Editing issue when using Vinyl/CDJ in ABS/REL modes
• Crash when “Show iTunes Library” option is unchecked for some users
• Issue where Sync would halve or double BPM incorrectly when mixing half/double BPM tracks.
• Issue where waveform could not be controlled via mouse/keyboard shortcuts when THRU mode enabled.
• Corrected alignment of “Repeat” and “Edit Grid” buttons on track display
• Ensured Tempo Range initializes at +/-6% when using CDJs in HID mode
• Slip Mode not working when in MIDI layers 2/3/4 on Rane Sixty-Four
• Improved VCI-300 Scroll + Platter functionality
• Corrected SP-6 Tempo Slider so that it is consistent with INT Tempo Slider
• TWITCH Fader FX ON/OFF button lighting issue
• Fixed Numark NS6 audible pops and clicks
• Crossfader Reverse Keyboard Shortcut could not undo (Command + Shift + R)