[Video] Pioneer’s New DDJ-ERGO-K For Traktor
Pioneer DJ Division has made a new announcement this morning in the form of a Brand new iteration of their latest DJ controller called the Pioneer DDJ-ERGO-K "Limited" Edition. This new version of the popular DDJ-ERGO now sports a new black-on-black color scheme and comes bundled with a version of Traktor 2 LE instead of the original Virtual DJ LE based model. The DDJ-ERGO-K is still basically the same controller but now sports a new refined look and a new software choice to boot. Since the DDJ-ERGO-V and the new DDJ-ERGO-K are basically the same controllers, I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'll give it another review. In the meantime, you can check out our original HD-Video review found here, which should give you a very good idea as to whether or not this new release will have you jumping for joy.
I think it's a good move by Pioneer. I like the all-black styling cues of the newer DDJ-ERGO-K as opposed to the white outline on the original model and the inclusion of Traktor LE right in the box is sure to entice a few who may have been on the fence before. There's rumors going around that there will be a free Traktor 2 upgrade included, but I haven't seen anything official just yet. As always, I'm sure you will be able to go and download Serto DJ Intro for free on this unit too if the user wants, so it's also got some versatility as well. Check out the video below while we search for pricing and an official press release!
PIONEER MAKES A COLOR SPLASH WITH DDJ-ERGO LIMITED
AVAILABLE IN A NEW PREMIUM BLACK COLOR
Pioneer DJ will be offering its affordable DDJ-ERGO DJ controller in a new premium black version to provide consumers with another cosmetic option. Along with the color transformation, the play/cue button was changed to a chrome finish, the jog platter to black, the four jog dial lights converted from blue to white for a more dazzling appearance, and now includes Native Instrument’s TRAKTOR® LE 2 DJ software. Dubbed the DDJ-ERGO LIMITED, the premium black version will be available starting in September with a suggested retail price of $599.
Pioneer DDJ-ERGO LIMITED Controller includes:
• Pulse Control – Integrated Pulse Control provides users with visual prompts.
o Mix Pulse – As the pitch of songs begin to match, the intensity of white LED lights of the jog wheel increases. In conjunction with the music, the pulsing of lights enhances beat matching skills.
o Beat Pulse – The embedded LEDs in the channel faders illuminate along with the beat of the current song playing. The illumination intensifies and weakens based on the output sound level.
o Launch Pulse – Triggers a red light to illuminate on the jog wheel to signify a press of the track load button.
o FX Pulse – The lights on the jog wheel identify which FX is applied.
• DJ Software – Includes Native Instrument’s TRAKTOR LE 2 DJ software. When used with TRAKTOR PRO 2 (upgrade fees apply), the controller can also operate as a 4-deck controller and sampler. In addition, the unit supports Serato’s “Serato® DJ Intro” software (downloadable at no charge from http://serato.com/dj-intro.
• Laptop Dock Design – The DDJ-ERGO LIMITED is designed to accommodate the placement of a laptop computer below the unit to save room and bring the laptop screen closer to the user. The controller also features removable legs, enabling it be used in angled or horizontal flat positions.
• USB Power – Utilizes the host computer’s USB port for power, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
• High Quality Audio – Employs the same audio technology used in Pioneer’s professional DJ mixers for clear, powerful audio output.
• Other features
o Employs a P-LOCK Fader Cap locking mechanism to prevent the channel fader knobs and crossfader knob from slipping.
o Built-in audio interface for high quality sound input and output.
For additional information and specifications on the new DDJ-ERGO Limited, click here.
Kareem Julien (AKA DJ Blaze) has been a hip-hop, R&B, Reggae, and Club DJ since 1993. DJ Blaze has reviewed over 100 pieces of DJ Equipment and continues to provide the DJ community with high quality DJ gear reviews and updates related to DJ equipment and DJ culture.
Follow DJBooth DJs