Monster DJ Interview: Big Tigger
Monster, the same company that is responsible for making some of the strongest and best audio and video cables to date, now has a new Monster DJ Division where they sponsor many MAJOR DJ's who use and endorse their gear. We are set to run a mini-series of Monster DJ artist interviews and we will conclude with a cool Monster product gear giveaway. First famous DJ in the Lab to answer some questions is Big Tigger! Some of you may know him from BET's Rap City show or from spinning at venues and events around the world. Check out what he has to say to some of our more pressing DJ questions...
1. What do you think of Panasonic Discontinuing the all-mighty Technics 1200 Turntables?
- Definitely wasn't a happy moment. I still have 2 pair so I'm good. But less and less DJs are using them so it's a business decision I respect.
2. What was your very first Gig and How did it go?
- I've been djing since age 15. We used to throw parties all over the Bronx for high school kids our age. I wasnt the main DJ out of our crew, but I remember having to close out/end a party. As soon as it was over and I cut the music, a West Indian dude pulled a gun on me tellin me to play some more "blood clod reggae tunes!!!" SO I did, and when everybody came to see why I cut the music back on, I told them the story and they ran after him... it was crazy!!!
3. What do you do to keep DJ-ing fresh? How do you stay motivated to get to that next level?
- I just try to keep doing new things with my selections. Its easy to fall into a pattern if you know it works. Just keep trying to push the envelope
4. At what moment in time did you realize you are now a "professional" DJ?
- Again, back when we were teens throwing parties almost every weekend all over the Bronx. My next level became when I first DJ'd live on WPGC 95.5. in DC! Another memorable moment was djing the NBA Player's Ball when All-Star was in DC..
5. What is your greatest achievement to date?
- Longevity! Seen lotta people come and go. Been here and ain't going nowhere!!!
Check out the new Monster DJ Website at http://www.monsterdj.com/ to see all the DJ's and their Monster DJ Gear!
Read More: Other
Kareem Julien (AKA DJ Blaze) has been a hip-hop, R&B, Reggae, and Club DJ since 1993. DJ Blaze has reviewed over 100 pieces of DJ Equipment and continues to provide the DJ community with high quality DJ gear reviews and updates related to DJ equipment and DJ culture.
Share This Page: