DJ Player 6.1 - The Professional iOS DJ App
Here at DJbooth.net don't really like to report on gimmick iOS style DJ devices, software, or accessories just because something sells well or has a large fan base. We rather bring you the top-performers in the iOS DJ segment as manufacturers try to find their footing with these relatively new DJ devices. One very powerful iOS DJ App that stands out from the rest in terms of performance, accuracy, and function is known as the DJ Player App.
For those of you who aren't familiar with DJ Player, its an iOS app that can allow users to DJ on the standalone touch interface of the device or the iOS device can be connected to a MIDI controller or DVS soundcard for a professional DJ experience with performance that would rival full computer DJ setups. As DJ Player releases new updates, there are more natively supported DJ controllers that can be used with the App.
The DJ Player 6.1 release is now available in the Apple Store and with it will bring a few new updates to make the user experience even more professional than before. In the latest 6.1 release, there will be iDJ-Pro support as shown in the video below.
DJ Player 6.1 Updates
- Gate and filtered white noise effect. Free for new customers from
April, small in-app purchase otherwise.
- DVS and custom background available for everybody.
- Tap (manual beatcounter) recalculates auto bpm.
- LPHP is softer.
- Deck lock disables taps on the track structure.
- Some subtle design changes (default background, font, etc.).
- Changes in custom background filename rule to support orientations.
- MIDI-mappable: beatgrid controls, beat LEDs, global FX controls,
jump to the beginning, tap, track browser/main screen changing.
- Way faster MIDI mapping with full deck/fx page copy by channel
number increment. For example: map deck A, then copy to B/C/D with
increasing channel numbers. (Many controllers have no changes between
decks, just a next higher channel).
- Big jog wheel performance fix for Numark Mixtrack Pro and N4. Please
delete the old default mappings from iTunes File Sharing.
PLUG AND PLAY support for:
- Hercules DJ Control Air, DJ Control Air+, DJConsole RMX2, DJControl Instinct.
- Allen&Heath XONE:K2.
- Numark iDJ Pro and MixTrack Pro II.
The DJ Player App only costs $9.99 and is available in the Apple App store. Check out
Written by djblaze on 07/16/13
Follow DJBooth DJs