Cross DJ for iPad MIDI Controller Support
Cross DJ for iPad 1.4 has been released and with it comes MIDI controller support! The Cross DJ software which is available for only $9.99 for the iPad will now allow DJ's to control eight different compact and very popular DJ controllers including the Numark Mixtrack Pro 2, Pioneer DDJ-WeGO, and the Hercules RMX 2 among others. All the user needs is an Apple iPad Camera Connection kit and its all completely plug and play. Check out the full press release other purchase info in the article below.
Cross DJ for iPad 1.4 gets MIDI control
Cross DJ for iPad 1.4 ships today. Big news: it can be controlled by well-known controllers.
Actually, it’s the first time some of these controllers can be used with an iPad.
8 controllers get iPad mixing for the first time
● Mixvibes U Mix Control Pro
● Mixvibes U Mix Control Pro 2
● Pioneer DDJWeGo
● Numark Mixtrack Pro
● Numark Mixtrack Pro 2
● Hercules DJ Console RMX 2
● Hercules DJ Control Instint
● Hercules DJ Control AIR
(requires Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit)
And 2 others popular iOS designed controllers are mapped:
● Vestax Spin2
● Numark iDJ Live
And there’s more to come, based on Cross DJ for Mac list of 80+ mapped controllers.
Scratch on iPad like never before
Yes, Cross DJ has the best scratch on the App Store. Not only it sounds better than in other
apps, it is also more responsive. Blame this realistic vinyl feel on Mixvibes’ true audio expertise:
the company pioneered digital scratch technology in the early 00’s.
Same controls as real DJ software, yet easy to use
Cross DJ iPad is no toy DJ app. Made by DJs for DJs, it works like a pair of CDJs and a mixer.
The similarity of the workflow ensure seasoned DJs instant familiarity with Cross DJ’s system.
Moreover, the app is easy to use. Its interface is more user friendly
than featurefocused DJ apps.
Plug and play setup
Cable wise, all you need is a Camera Connection Kit + the controller’s power supply or a generic
powered USB hub. No configuration is required in the app: everything is plug and play.
Cross DJ for iPad is sold at a promotional price for a limited time only $3,99 (instead of $9.99)
MIDI control is available as a $9.99 inapp purchase. 5 minutes free access is available to test before buying the inapp.
• 2 decks with realistic scratch
• Ultraaccurate synchronization and ultrafast beat matching
• Complete DJ mixer with 3band EQ, volume faders, crossfader and level meters
• Parallel waveforms and track overview display + beatgrid editing
• 14 effects with touch control pad
• Hot cues
• Pitch fader and pitch bend
• Direct access to your iTunes library: sort tracks by BPM, title, artist, album or genre
• Compatibility with most Bluetooth receivers for cable free mixing
• Multiaudio for USB compliant multichannel soundcard
• External mixer audio routing mode (channel A and B are routed to different output)
• iOS 7 compatibility
Kareem Julien (AKA DJ Blaze) has been a hip-hop, R&B, Reggae, and Club DJ since 1993. DJ Blaze has reviewed over 100 pieces of DJ Equipment and continues to provide the DJ community with high quality DJ gear reviews and updates related to DJ equipment and DJ culture.
Follow DJBooth DJs