Emcee of the Year of 2008
In addition to selling roughly 3 million copies of his latest album, Tha Carter III – more than double the sales T.I.’s Paper Trail – Lil Wayne officially became an international superstar. Additional guest features, countless remix credits and a whopping eight Grammy nomination followed. No doubt about it: Wayne’s “Lollipop” was licked the most in 2008.
DJ Booth Staff Pick:
Best Hip Hop & R&B Songs of 2008
Best Hip Hop & R&B Artists of 2008
Best Hip Hop & R&B Albums of 2008
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)