Emcee of the Year of 2008
In addition to selling roughly 3 million copies of his latest album, Tha Carter III – more than double the sales T.I.’s Paper Trail – Lil Wayne officially became an international superstar. Additional guest features, countless remix credits and a whopping eight Grammy nomination followed. No doubt about it: Wayne’s “Lollipop” was licked the most in 2008.
DJ Booth Staff Pick:
Best Hip Hop & R&B Songs of 2008
Best Hip Hop & R&B Artists of 2008
Best Hip Hop & R&B Albums of 2008
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.