Best New Artist (Unsigned) of 2008
Thanks to co-signs from label bosses Lil Wayne (Young Money Entertainment) and Peter Wentz (Decaydance), California emcee Tyga burst onto the scene in 2008. A cousin of Gym Class Heroes lead vocalist Travis McCoy, the young artist released his debut album, No Introduction, in June, led by the catchy single, “Coconut Juice,” and has plans to follow it up with the appropriately-titled The Introduction, in mid-2009.
DJ Booth Staff Pick:
Best Hip Hop & R&B Songs of 2008
Best Hip Hop & R&B Artists of 2008
Best Hip Hop & R&B Albums of 2008
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.