Best Hip-Hop Song (Underground/Unsigned Artist) of 2008
Drake ft. Lil’ Wayne – Ransom
Even on the underground level, a little star power can go a long way. With a little help from Weezy, Degrassi alumnus Aubrey “Drake“ Graham brought listeners Ransom, an a Booth-acclaimed mixtape cut that undoubtedly helped the Toronto native secure a major deal with Interscope.
K. Sparks – Hip-Hop
DJ Booth Staff Pick:
U-N-I – Beautiful Day
Best Hip Hop & R&B Songs of 2008
Best Hip Hop & R&B Artists of 2008
Best Hip Hop & R&B Albums of 2008
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.