Breaking Through in 2014
For years (since 2011) we have been singing praises about G-Eazy. His unique blend of hip-hop and pop is too fresh and intoxicating to go unnoticed. Since his debut Booth feature for Make Up Sex (found on The Endless Summer) the Bay Area native has grown into quite the artist. With 10 total Booth appearances (including one on Hoodie Allen's Casanova) from 2013, G finished the year with a more polished, radio-ready (but not lacking in quality) sound, which has garnered a sizable buzz; he has "next up" written all over him. With a continent-wide tour (hitting Canada as well as plenty of U.S. cities) and his These Things Happen LP all set for 2014, Eazy is poised for a huge year. Just remember, you called it first.
Earlier this year, we were shocked to find out that JMSN was an opening act on a nationwide tour. No offense to the headliner, but since becoming a DJBooth favorite we felt like JMSN should be the one doing the headlining. When the show started, however, we quickly realized that most of the people in attendance were there to see the alt-pop buzzmaker. Turns out the Michigan crooner has already built a diverse, passionate, and large fanbase. With an eclectic and passionate sound (which draws from a litany of styles, sounds, and feelings) that is unlike anything else being produced at the moment, it is only a matter of time until the masses come running. The man has been nothing but remarkable and consistent and on the heels of a successful EP, November's †Pllajë†, so all systems are go.
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.