Breaking Through In 2010
When Jay-Z chooses you as the flagship artist of his new label, and gives you a guest verse on a track titled “A Star Is Born,” you can can rest assured that a breakthrough is imminent. Roc Nation standard-bearer J. Cole may be only a few mixtapes into his musical career, but tracks like “Lights Please” and “Unabomber” are proof that he's a force to be reckoned with. Fans can expect big things from Cole in 2010 – including, hopefully, a debut studio album.
How do we know B.o.B. will break through next year? Well, seeing him on ESPN before every bowl game is a good sign. The multi-talented B.o.B. is poised to make 2010 the year he becomes a household name, an artist who will won the love and respect of not only hardcore hip-hop fans, but music lovers nationwide. Don't believe us? Just watch him.
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.