Breaking Through In 2010
When Jay-Z chooses you as the flagship artist of his new label, and gives you a guest verse on a track titled “A Star Is Born,” you can can rest assured that a breakthrough is imminent. Roc Nation standard-bearer J. Cole may be only a few mixtapes into his musical career, but tracks like “Lights Please” and “Unabomber” are proof that he's a force to be reckoned with. Fans can expect big things from Cole in 2010 – including, hopefully, a debut studio album.
How do we know B.o.B. will break through next year? Well, seeing him on ESPN before every bowl game is a good sign. The multi-talented B.o.B. is poised to make 2010 the year he becomes a household name, an artist who will won the love and respect of not only hardcore hip-hop fans, but music lovers nationwide. Don't believe us? Just watch him.
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.