Breaking Through In 2010
When Jay-Z chooses you as the flagship artist of his new label, and gives you a guest verse on a track titled “A Star Is Born,” you can can rest assured that a breakthrough is imminent. Roc Nation standard-bearer J. Cole may be only a few mixtapes into his musical career, but tracks like “Lights Please” and “Unabomber” are proof that he's a force to be reckoned with. Fans can expect big things from Cole in 2010 – including, hopefully, a debut studio album.
How do we know B.o.B. will break through next year? Well, seeing him on ESPN before every bowl game is a good sign. The multi-talented B.o.B. is poised to make 2010 the year he becomes a household name, an artist who will won the love and respect of not only hardcore hip-hop fans, but music lovers nationwide. Don't believe us? Just watch him.
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.