Breaking Back Through in 2012
Although T.I.'s return to prison on a probation violation charge kept him from riding last year's Gold-certified No Mercy LP to a full-blown comeback, the Grand Hustle head honcho returned with a vengeance in the final quarter of 2011, dropping an acclaimed street album (F*ck a Mixtape) and stoking the buzz for his eighth studio album with several catchy promo singles. With Trouble Man scheduled to hit stores in February, it's only a matter of time before Clifford Harris reclaims his rightful throne as one of the Dirty South's leading lights.
The only one who has ever stopped T.I. is T.I. Now that Clifford Harris has (hopefully) finally put his legal troubles behind him and is back on his grind full time, it's hard to believe the multi-platinum rapper and Grand Hustle CEO will have any trouble shoving the pretenders out of the way and reclaiming his King of the South crown. It's all riding on the success of his upcoming album Trouble Man, but the smart money's on yet another smash for T.I. Want to bet against him? Go ahead, let us know how that works out for you.
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)