Best Remix Record of 2010
In the remix arena, quantity often does translate to quality – and Deuces (Remix) is a case in point. When Chris Brown enlisted Drake, Kanye, T.I.P, Andre 3000 and Fabolous to remake the KMack and Jahlil-produced mixtape smash, the concentrated star power could have caused the cut to collapse into a black hole. Instead, it exploded into a supernova of freshness to become the reader pick for Best Remix of 2010.
In contrast to Chris Breezy's maximalist approach, the ever-talented Alicia Keys took a more intimate tack in remixing The Element of Freedom third single (and Booth-approved standout track) Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready). Building upon his ad-libs on the original, Drake laces Noah “40” Shebib's delicate beat with one of his most personal verses to date – and, unthinkable as it may seem, renders this heartfelt jam even more poignant.
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)