Best Remix Record of 2010
In the remix arena, quantity often does translate to quality – and Deuces (Remix) is a case in point. When Chris Brown enlisted Drake, Kanye, T.I.P, Andre 3000 and Fabolous to remake the KMack and Jahlil-produced mixtape smash, the concentrated star power could have caused the cut to collapse into a black hole. Instead, it exploded into a supernova of freshness to become the reader pick for Best Remix of 2010.
In contrast to Chris Breezy's maximalist approach, the ever-talented Alicia Keys took a more intimate tack in remixing The Element of Freedom third single (and Booth-approved standout track) Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready). Building upon his ad-libs on the original, Drake laces Noah “40” Shebib's delicate beat with one of his most personal verses to date – and, unthinkable as it may seem, renders this heartfelt jam even more poignant.
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.